
Besides taking the girls to swim team 2xs a day and swim meets on Saturdays and hosting a Japanese exchange student - and driving her to and from school 2xs a day- I've been planning for next years' school - which starts in 3 weeks!
When I'm not driving kids, cooking or cleaning, I'm glued to the desk poring over books, dividing up a years' worth of school into bite size, daily and weekly chunks, and creating lists and charts: Daily Schedules / Lesson Plan Pages / Courses of Study / Grading Sheets / Reading Lists...
My head is spinning! I've planned out:
- Courses of Study and Lesson Plans for Three grades: 7th - 9th - and 11th
- 6-7 subjects each: Math, Latin, Ancient History, Ancient Literature, Composition, Science - they'll take a Latin 2 (Paige) World Views class and PE (Paige & Ashley) / Violin (Taylor) at our co-op.
- Reading Lists and a schedule of when to order holds on library books throughout the year.
I just need to hang on a little longer...it's almost over!!
1 comment:
aawww hang in there, mom! all your intense hard work will pay off big time in just a couple weeks and you'll be SO glad you put in the time know. you're a fabulous homeschooling mom. you can be sure i will be taking lessons from you (and my mom too) when i get to that season myself. :)
and i love the image you posted at the beginning. hahaha!
Post a Comment